Weeks of April 7th and 14th
- Day 1 - Reproductive System: Male and Female; Review Storybook Project
- Day 2 - The Hot Zone Lecture - Conception & Pregnancy; Video - From Conception to Birth
- Day 3 - Lecture - STDs, Menopause, & Puberty; Worksheets on Female & Male Reproductive Systems
- Day 4 - Go over worksheets; Bioethics articles on IVF and Embryology
- Day 5 - Test on Reproductive System
Weeks of March 24th & 31st
- Day 1 - Lecture - The Brain, Go over the Brain Diagram
- Day 2 - Lecture - The Senses, Lab - The Sensory Lab
- Day 3 - Clinical Terms from the Nervous System, Video - The Human Machine
- Day 4 - Go over worksheets & diagrams, Index Card Review Game, Clear As Mud Slips
- Day 5 - Test on the Nervous System, Article on Head Injuries in Sports
Weeks of March 3rd & 17th
Weeks of February 17th & 24th
- Day 1 - Finish "Before I Sleep" video, Test on the Lymphatic and Immune Systems
- Day 2 - Sleep around Lab, Lecture - Nervous System Introduction, Brain Diagram, Nine weeks Exam Topics
- Day 3 - Lecture - The Brain, Complete Worksheets - 5-4, 5-6, 5-11
- Day 4/5 - Nine Weeks Exam/Sensory Lab
- Day 1 - Finish Lecture on the Lymphatic System, Reading of pp. 408-427 and complete a Gallery Walk
- Day 2 - Discussion/Gallery Walk of pp. 408-427, Notes on the Reading
- Day 3 - Lecture - Organ/Tissue Transplant, Activity on Organ/Tissue Transplant
- Day 4 - Lecture - Immunodeficiency, HIV/AIDS Activity: Sleep Around Lab, Video - Before I Sleep
- Day 5 - Test on Lymphatic and Immune Systems
Weeks of January 20th & 27th
- Day 1 - Lecture - Heart Layers & Heart Chambers, Go over Heart Diagrams
- Day 2 - Heart Diagram Test, Lecture - Pathway of Blood and Heart Valves
- Day 3 - Lecture - Cardiac Cycle, Heart Sounds, and Cardiac Output; Cardiac Output Worksheet
- Day 4 - Lecture - Blood Vessels, Activity - Taking Blood Pressures
- Day 5 - Test on Circulatory System
Click HERE for notes on Chapters 19 and HERE for notes on Chapter 20!!
Weeks of January 6th & 13th
- Day 1 - Go over exam, Lecture - Cardiovascular System: Blood & RBCs
- Day 2 - Lecture - Cardiovascular System: Blood & WBCs
- Day 3 - Lecture - Clots & Bleeding Disorders, HW: Worksheet on blood and heart diagrams
- Day 4 - Lecture - Heart Anatomy & Blood Pathways
- Day 5 - Lecture - Heart Valves, Cardiac Cycle, and Heart Sounds
for the notes on the Circulatory System.
Click HERE for the nine weeks exam topics!!!
Weeks of December 2nd and 9th
- Day 1 - Lecture - Fueling Muscle Contractions, Muscle Disorders & Diseases, and Clinical Terms
- Day 2 - Clinical Application
- Day 3 - Test on the Muscular System
- Day 4 - Lab - Exploring the Muscular System
- Day 5 - Vocabulary Test; Video - "World's Strongest Boy"
Weeks of November 11th and 18th
- Day 1 - Test on Diagrams, Clinical Terms, Clinical Application
- Day 2 - Test on Skeletal System Notes; Muscle Diagram - Test NEXT meeting
- Day 3 - Muscle Diagram Test, Bubble Gum Muscle Man
- Day 4 - Lecture - Overview of the Muscular System and Skeletal Muscle, Skeletal Muscle Diagram
- Day 5 - Lecture - Muscle Contractions & Neuromuscular Junctions
for your Muscular System notes!
Weeks of October 28th and November 4th
- Day 1 - Skeletal System worksheets
- Day 2 - Lecture - Homeostatic Imblances of the Skeleton and the Axial Skeleton, Axial Skeleton Diagram
- Day 3 - Lecture - The Skull, Skull Diagram
- Day 4 - Lecture - Vertebral Column and Imbalances and The Bony Thorax, Diagrams - Vertebral Column and Bony Thorax
- Day 5 - Review Diagrams, Lecture - Appendages & Joints
Weeks of October 14th and 21st
- Day 1 - Eyewitness video - "The Skeleton," Lecture - Intro to the Skeleton, Skeleton Diagram (Test on Day 3)
- Day 2 - Activity - Toothpick Skeleton
- Day 3 - Finish Toothpick Skeletons, Test on Skeleton Diagram, Lecture - Bone Classification, Bone Classification Diagram
- Day 4 - Lecture - Bone Composition, Markings, and Development, Fracture Diagrams
- Day 5 - Lecture - Homeostatic Imbalances of the Skeleton & The Axial Skeleton, Axial Skeleton Diagram
Weeks of September 16th and 23rd
- Day 1 - Reading Strategy for Integumentary System Chapter, Lecture - Intro to the Skin & Skin Cells, Integumentary System Diagram
- Day 2 - Lecture - Skin Layers: Epidermis & Dermis, Worksheet - Skin Layers
- Day 3 - Lecture - Skin Color & Skin Appendages
- Day 4 - Lecture - Skin Functions & Homeostatic Imbalances of Skin
- Day 5 - Computer Lab/iPads - Research Skin Disorder, Make/Present Posters of Skin Disorder
Weeks of September 2nd and 9th
- Day 1 - Microscope Lab, Lecture - Connective Tissue
- Day 2 - Quiz on Epithelial and Connective Tissue, Lecture - Epithelial Membranes, Nervous Tissue, Muscle Tissue, Clear As Mud
- Day 3 - Lecture - Tissue Repair, Worksheet - Tissue Repair, Go over worksheets and mud slips, Commit & Toss Review
- Day 4 - Test on Tissues
- Day 5 - Reading Strategy for the Integumentary System, Lecture - Intro to Skin, Coloring Sheet/Diagram - Skin
Some of the lessons may be off one day, due to the Labor Day Holiday. Refer to your class agenda's for the specific lessons each day.
Click HERE to get your notes on the Integument.
Weeks of August 19th and 26th
- Day 1 - Video - "Incredible Human Machine," Go over worksheets, Go over "Clear as Mud" slips
- Day 2 - Test on Unit 1, Chapter 3/4 excerpt
- Day 3 - Lecture - "Epithelial Tissue," Coloring Sheet - "Epithelial Tissue," Worksheet - "Epithelial Tissue"
- Day 4 - Play Dough Tissue, Read Connective Tissue/Gallery Walk
- Day 5 - Lecture - "Connective Tissue," Quiz - Epithelial/Connective Tissues
Don't forget!!! Vocabulary Quizzes every Monday/Tuesday & Current Events every Thursday/Friday!!!!
Click HERE for your notes on Tissues!!!
Weeks of August 5th and 12th
- Day 1 - Introduction of the Teacher and Class; Syllabus; Supplies; Student Info Sheet; Questionnaire; Current Events; Vocabulary Quizzes; Take a Stand activity; HW: Get papers signed
- Day 2 - Close read of "Overview of A&P;" Carousel Discussion; Exit Slips (3-2-1)
- Day 3 - Debrief and create notes of the "Overview of A&P"
- Day 4 - Lecture - "Language of Anatomy;" Flashcards - Regional/Directional Terms; Worksheet - "Language of Anatomy;" Exit Slip - Muddiest Point
- Day 5 - Seymour Says Activity; Quiz on Regional/Directional Terms; Go over worksheet; Commit & Toss Review